My beautiful wife posted a link to Rock the Vote on her website and it reminded that I had yet to register to vote. Feeling silly, I decided to take action. Three months later, I came across her website, again, and realized that I still hadn't done this. It's not a hard process, and Rock the Vote is a fine place to get it done if you are still wondering, "How do I register to vote?"
Many are trying to encourage us to not vote, or to vote 'none of the above', this year. That may sound like a find sentiment, but I think it is an elitist attempt to feel superior without actually solving any problems. Big issues are at stake and the President will be influential in many important issues during our lives. In the next 8 years I plan to buy a house and settle on a career. Do I want a President who will raise taxes? Who will make way for more terrorist attacks? Who will fight for the unborn? Reduce government spending through earmark reform and the like?
These issues are important to me and probably to you as well. That's why we should go to the polls and vote.
No comments:
Post a Comment